Radio host, Dr. David Naimon, (of KBOO-FM/Portland) does an excellent job of asking John Leifer, author of AFTER YOU HEAR IT’S CANCER: A Guide to Navigating the Difficult Journey Ahead (Rowman & Littlefield Hardcover, August 2015), pivotally important questions regarding issues facing recently diagnosed cancer patients and their loved ones.
Among the many topics covered in this 30-minute interview were:
- How to evaluate and select a physician
- How to know whether you are receiving the appropriate treatment for your condition
- When to obtain a second opinion
- The importance of understanding the goals of your treatment
- Differentiating between cure, control, and comfort in cancer treatment
- Unexplained geographic variations in care, and what they can mean to your treatment
- Financial issues associated with treatment and how to manage the challenges
- Identifying if your physician has a financial conflict of interest associated with your treatment…and what this can mean to your care
- The role of nutrition and exercise during the journey through cancer
- The role of complementary medicine in cancer treatment
- How to obtain more information about your disease and its treatment
You can catch the full interview here: KBOO-FM/Healthwatch.